Attention all teens with migraine! Miles for Migraine is hosting ongoing virtual events via Zoom for teens and their parents to learn about migraine, coping strategies and to meet other teens across the country who experience similar challenges. Join us at one, or all of these 90 minute educational events.
Teen Talks is a weekly virtual meetup group for young people who have Migraine and other headache disorders. The group is designed to create a supportive and judgement-free environment where teens can share their Migraine story, experiences, struggles and successes with peers who also live with Migraine. This is a group for teens only (13-18). Meeting will be held weekly on Wednesday from 6-7pm EST via Zoom.
- Informative camp leaders who specialize in adolescent headache disorders
- Fosters new friendships among youth who are often isolated due to their headaches
- Programs include relaxation, self-regulation, guided imagery, biofeedback, yoga, art sessions, and separate teen and parent discussion groups
Youth Camps are single day events that take place throughout the year. The camp is ongoing throughout the year. We hold an educational youth camp day for families 1-2 times/year, and social events the remainder of the year. Teens not only have the opportunity to interact with others impacted by migraine disease, but also learn about advocacy and how to create more awareness in their communities. Parents and caregivers who are also impacted by this disease, are welcome at all events. You will have the opportunity to learn, feel supported, and receive respite care in this ongoing community.
A study about our Youth Camps "Improving the Patient Experience With Migraine Camp, a One‐Day Group Intervention for Adolescents With Chronic Headache and Their Parents" was published in Headache Journal.
For more information about Youth Day Camps, contact Kelli Sloan at email@example.com
Resources for Adolescents
- Pediatric Registry Trial for 4-17 y.o. kids
Goals of the trial are to increases awareness about migraine in kids, increase disease funding and treatment options. Kids/parents may have access to future clinical trials of both drugs and interventions including biobanking to help identify biomarkers and access to migraine diary application and validation of the migraine diary application for future use
- Headache Relief Guide
A website that is interactive, understandable, entertaining!
- Videos for relaxation, breathing and progressive muscle relaxation
- Headache Action Plan Program for Youth (HAPPY)
- Headache and The Arts
Everything you need to know about migraine and other headache disorders
Below are informational documents on a wide range of topics from signs and symptoms of migraine to coping strategies.
- About Headache Disorders
- About Chronic Pain
- Common Symptoms and Integrative Treatments
- Healthy Habits for Prevention
- Healthy Habits
- Helpful Phone Apps
- Integrative Treatments for Acute Pain
- Integrative Treatments for Migraine
- Migraine Myths
- Stress Reduction Therapies
- Tips for Caregivers
- Useful Websites